Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Ben and I with Adelaide, Jan 2009

I know it isn't Father's Day quite yet, but we leave tomorrow for our big trip down under and I wanted to take a moment to thank my amazing husband. Having three kids in four years is not an easy thing on a woman or her body, and I often get tired. Being a full-time stay-at-home mom is a huge job, more than I ever imagined. But I have been so incredibly blessed to have a partner that helps meet the needs of our family, including mine.


Ben with Charlie, Dec 2010

May was an amazing month and Ben might not realize how much I was blessed with the "me time" I was given. I got to attend three drop-in adult ballet classes (taught by my friend, Lindsey), grab coffee one night with a girl friend, go to the movies another night with a couple of friends, help put on a friends' baby shower, and go away for 2 nights to a women's retreat with our church - all without any children in tow. This wasn't exactly our typical month, but I truly felt blessed every time I realized that my babies were at home with their daddy... and I didn't have a thing to worry about (even when Adelaide was at the ER getting stitches!).

Ben and Adelaide, summer 2011


Ben and Charlie, fall 2012

I have been told so many times, by friends, family and strangers alike, what an amazing dad Ben is. And I know it. A big reason my kids are so incredible is because they are loved so well by their father. I knew long ago that Ben was a great guy - that he was funny, handsome, smart, and that he loved me. But the moment Adelaide was born and he became a dad, I saw a new side to Ben and he fills this role that God has placed him in so well.


Our Hockey family, Dec 2012

Thanks, Ben, for loving me so well, for taking care of our family and leading us in God's path. We love you!!
Taking care of Malachi while out at dinner. June 2013.

Ben and Malachi (6 months). June 2013.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to a great dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malachi looks like he could be a male model. Now that his hair stays down, he kind of has a Bieber-combed look. What a heartbreaker! Hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts make me tear up every.single.time.

    ReplyDelete