 |
| Charlie learning to ride Adelaide's tricycle, April 2013 |
There are so many events that happen in life of a young child, it can be hard to document them all, and especially difficult to remember them years later. Now, multiply that by three children... It seems like almost every day has a new adventure that we embark on. Yet when friends ask me "what have you been up to lately?" I give this blank stare... "uh...". I have trouble remembering from one day to the next what has happened with our family, but in the midst of it all, I'm trying to enjoy every minute. My mom probably gets the best picture of what happens with our family, since we talk almost every day I can usually relay the exciting (and possibly dull) moments of our life.
 |
| Charlie carrying puppy in a Ergo doll-carrier, April 2013 |
Adelaide and Charlie love to play together. One of Adelaide's favorite things, that Charlie is slowing joining in on, is playing pretend including dressing up. One day recently I grabbed the camera in time to snap some sweet photos of them together. Adelaide loves dancing, Charlie loves music - playing instruments (ukuleles or the drum) and singing. And Charlie sings the way he talks - loudly.
 |
Adelaide (4 years), Charlie (2.5 years) May 2013 |
 |
| Adelaide is dressed as Snow White, while Charlie is wearing his pajamas underneath his Elf costume and rain boots. |

Charlie just seems to be growing up a little more every day. In his speech - his sentences are so well put together right now. The way he speaks is so proper and it sounds absolutely adorable coming out of his 2-year old mouth. A few of his words he pronounces like Ben - the other day he said tomato like Ben does, and he always says "H" the say way as Ben also. He is very concerned about things that Ben is into, whether that is tools, fixing the lawn mower, mulching the yard (our latest project that we did this weekend), etc. But he also has a very soft spot in his heart and sometimes he just wants mummy ("I need you mummy!"). I know Ben and I both feel so blessed to get to see Charlie's emotions. He is very open and honest about the way he feels and I hope that he never feels societal pressure to have to pretend he feels or doesn't feel a certain way. The way that God made Him is so beautiful.
 |
| Charlie playing in the yard, May 2013 |
Ben took Charlie for another haircut last week and it was reported that he did better than he ever has - sat still, no tears. I suppose this means he is truly growing up. He was so excited to go to church yesterday and tell his friends all about his new haircut!
 |
| Charlie's new haircut, May 2013 |
Marking such wonderful and fleeting moments with your blog! Charlie is soooo cute! All 3 of your children are beautiful!
ReplyDelete