Mmm, change is in the air, along with the glorious smell of fall weather. As I'm sure any parent knows, there are many changes in the first year of a baby. [I can speak of this from personal experience :)] Adelaide has had a multitude of changes this past month, and I hope that I am able to chronicle them all, otherwise, they may be soon forgotten.
During the month of September, Adelaide got her first tooth! This is a very big thing. A tooth symbolizes her rapidly changing eating schedule, requiring more and more solids, and eventually, no more of mum's milk. I try not to think of that too much, because her time nursing with me is truly one of my favorite things of being a mum. It's hard to describe, but there is an amazing bond that we are able to share - 4 times a day :). When her first tooth had just come through the skin, we realized the one right next to it was coming as well! Two teeth poked through within 2 weeks. Teething troubles haven't really seems to be a problem with her, although it has been hard to tell because of another first she has experienced - her first illness.
Last week Adelaide had her first fever - over 101 F. The doctor did not consider this the typical 'low-grade fever' that accompanies teething. After 3 days of fever and 2 days at the doctor's office, she tested positive for a urinary tract infection - UTI. Not very fun for our sweet little 8 month old! Thankfully, we were able to get her on antibiotics and break the fever after another day. She seems to be feeling great again, and the doctor wants to run some more tests (a sonogram) to make sure everything looks good inside. We are praying for good reports and know that the Lord never gives you more than you can handle.
Ben's 6-month contract with Verizon wireless is coming to an end in about 2 weeks and it will be time for re-negotiations. A raise is already in the works, which is an amazing blessing. But we still are unsure as to what the future holds for our family. I truly miss Franklin and our friends and church family there. I miss the roads and the restaurants and the shops and the towne square. I miss the weather and the trees. God remains faithful and I believe he will either bring us back there, or take away the love I have for Franklin! :)
A new season is always a good time for me to reflect on the past season - what have I been doing? Am I making good use of the time God has given me? I have been so very blessed and continue to pray for contentment in this stage of life.
I Corinthians 2:9
"But it is written: 'Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.'"
No comments:
Post a Comment