I feel like October begins the busy season that goes until the new year. I am feeling quite tired from the past few weeks of going going going and my body is paying for it - Adelaide and I both have a little cough/cold. I'm sure eating the Halloween candy doesn't help my immune system much either.
 |
| Oct. 2011 Charlie the dinosaur and Adelaide Minnie Mouse at the Farmer's Market |
Last week I took the kids to a little pumpkin patch in Burke. It was a lot of fun and I had debated about going but I'm glad I made the effort. The day we went was absolutely gorgeous fall weather, too. Adelaide is at an age that she enjoys doing little special things like that but I have to balance it with Charlie's need for sleep. Finding that balance brings a good amount of joy and peace in our house :)
 |
| Oct. 2011 Adelaide the bumble bee saying the pledge of allegiance at school |
Last night we went over to our friends' house for some chili and trick-or-treating. It was Adelaide's first time to trick-or-treat and she had a lot of fun. We only went down one or two streets because, quite frankly, we didn't have a need to bring home more than a couple dozen pieces of candy and it was getting a bit late and cold. Charlie was already asleep when we went out last night but I think next year he and Adelaide will have a lot of fun going door-to-door together.
 |
| 10.31.11 Adelaide and Charlie |
 |
| 10.31.11 Adelaide and Wyatt trick-or-treating |
On a side note, I haven't had to make dinner in several nights because of all the different events we have been at but I'm looking forward to making one of my favorite recipe from my sister-in-law's website,
teaforsix, a
Roast Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup. This is a very versatile recipe in that you can use all sorts of different vegetables and it is so hearty and delicious. I am bringing some of the soup to a family at our church that just had a baby. A perfect fall soup that tastes good and is good for you!
 |
| 10.31.11 Minnie Mouse and Dash |
No comments:
Post a Comment