| Nov 2011. Charlie and Adelaide at bath time. |
Charlie still takes 2 pretty wonderful naps every day. They are about 4 hours collective sleep, then he sleeps 12+ hours at night. For a while his bedtime was between 6-6:30, which pretty much made it difficult to do anything at night and then we had a time change, which possibly could have made that an hour earlier! Somehow though over the past week and a half he has adjusted beautifully and most nights is able to stay up until 7, then wakes in the morning about 7:30 (I get him up at 7:45, when he starts 'talking). Speaking of talking - Charlie started saying "mama" a couple of weeks ago! It totally made me cry the first time he said it while I was changing him and he was super giggly with my reaction. He makes lots of different sounds now; dada and "Ada" have been around for a while but "gogo" is a new one (either when we say good boy or go), baba, and other 'baby speak.' He is very vocal (surprise, surprise) just like his sister. He now has 6 teeth which with he eats a LOT of food. He still nurses but we will be weaning soon.
| Nov 2011. Charlie sleeping. |
We haven't had a first step from Charlie yet but he stands on his own for several seconds now. He is very sturdy and very mobile, as he has been since he was born :) He gets into everything (still working on learning 'no') and climbs on everything and crawls everywhere and has no fear. The past week or so I have noticed him starting to sort things or put things in order. If he throws one block over the toy, he has to throw them all. His favorite toy at church has been a drum and my mom got him one for his birthday so I can't wait to see him play with it soon. Charlie still loves to be outside and is also very happy in the car. He is really just a happy guy and he brings a lot of joy to our home.
When I was pregnant with Charlie (but of course we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl) I really didn't have a feeling either way about the sex of the baby. Adelaide has always been so much fun that I figured another girl would be nice since I knew what girls were like, but having a boy wasn't a strong desire or need that I felt like our family was lacking. Now, of course, having Charlie, I can never imagine our family without him. My favorite times at home our when our whole family is awake (which is rarely) and playing together. The dynamics of the father/mother and sister/brother all together is so amazing to see.
| Nov 2011. Charlie and Adelaide 'driving' the car at Giant. |
No comments:
Post a Comment