
I needed to create a post today because I realized something - my baby girl isn't really a 'baby' anymore! I was making a new video in Photo Booth of Adelaide and then scrolled through the previous videos that I have made since we moved to NJ. I just couldn't get over how much she has changed... her appearance, her voice, her actions! I really love it, even though it is a tough pill to swallow that she is growing so quickly.
I read a blog of another mom who posts weekly updates of her daughter who is a few months younger than Adelaide. I decided to use some of her headlines for today's post to chronicle all the new things Adelaide has been doing lately.
10 Months Old - Adelaide Rose:
NURSING:
Adelaide has nursed exclusively since birth. I must admit that I love the bonding time that we have through this. It makes waking up in the morning a joy to have that time with her. She currently nurses 4 times a day, about every 3.5-4 hours.
PUMPING:
I have to pump each night before I go to bed, between 10 and 11 pm. Adelaide has her last nurse usually at 6:30, and doesn't eat again until 8am, so it was too long in between which is why I pump nightly. Do I love doing this? Umm, no. Actually, I get quite tired of it. But is it worth it to continue to breastfeed? Totally. And it means I have plenty of milk to mix with her cereal, etc.
SLEEPING:
Adelaide is a wonderful sleeper, and has been since we started her sleeping 8 hours at 8 weeks old. She currently goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up between 7:30 and 8 - depending on when I decide to get up :)
SOLIDS:
We make all of Adelaide's meals and usually freeze them so they last for quite a while. I also love doing this! Feeding her fresh, healthy, homemade food is a good feeling! Her menu this week: Apples and Pears w/ cinnamon; Oatmeal w/ pear and apricots; Potatoes w/ peas, broccoli, and spinach; and Braised beef w/ sweet potato, parsnip, and carrots. She also loves to eat yogurt and her baby cereal (whole wheat, rice, oatmeal), and toast and cheerios. I currently offer her solids after each nurse, instead of 3x a day, because she hasn't been gaining any weight lately. She has started to eat more at each meal recently, so we may go back to solids just 3x a day.
NEW SKILLS:
In the past month, Adelaide has started crawling on her hands and knees, clapping, sticking out her tongue, and waving. She's one smart cookie ;)
Next Monday Adelaide and I are flying to OK to go on a 'road trip' with my mom, from OK to Arkansas to Nashville to DC and back to New Jersey. I am looking forward to seeing many family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment