Saturday, September 28, 2013

Adventures in Australia: The Australia Zoo


Before we left Australia this summer, we had one big adventure left to embark: going to the Australia Zoo. It almost didn't happen. We left it for the last week of our trip, but that whole week the weather forecast was cold + rainy, not a great combination with three little kids. We drove to the zoo one day and it just poured rain the whole way there, so we turned right around and drove to a Macca's (what they call McDonald's) for the kids to play before heading back to our holiday apartment. The day before we were flying home we took one last drive to the zoo and were blessed with a beautiful 'winter' day - it was around 70 degrees F and the sun was shining. (Have I mentioned that I love Australia??)




Dingo
Cassowary
Sleepy koala
Playful koala
Charlie "cheesing"
Adelaide playing in the 'crocodile'

Charlie feeding a kanagroo

Adelaide feeding the kanagroos



Ben, Adelaide and Charlie feeding an elephant




Malachi

This is absolutely my favorite zoo. Partly I'm sure because of all of the animals they have that are native to Australia. Some of the highlights were definitely feeding/petting the kangaroos, feeding an elephant, and playing on all of the fake crocodiles. Adelaide's favorite animal was by far the cassowary. Charlie loved the rhinos and zebras. The kids really enjoyed it and we made it until about lunchtime before any big meltdowns, then headed back to Carl and Jane's for one last night with the family. 

Adelaide

Adelaide and Charlie saying good-bye to Stever Erwin and family
I have one more post about our Australia trip that I have yet to finish. It is about our trip from a different perspective, with photos all taken by Adelaide and Charlie. Been working on it for a while, life has just been keeping me busy which is good as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment