 |
| Nov 2012 - family photo by Shara Hsu |
There is something about hitting the due date with your baby that can make you want to pull out your hair. Especially when it isn't your first baby. Ben and I were laughing last night that we were induced two weeks early with Adelaide and at the time we were taken so off guard, we hadn't really considered having her at that point! He has stuck in his mind that she came at 36 weeks, and I constantly have to remind him that wasn't the case. Statistically only 5% of babies are born on their due date, but I won't mind at all to join those statistics!
 |
| Nov. 27 - me at 40 weeks! baby number 3. |
I am at peace today with the fact that I am still pregnant, knowing that not only is this little baby very safe and healthy in their current locale, but also knowing that God has known this little one's birthday long before I even started picking which days worked best with my schedule :)
 |
| belly shot! |
We have completed (basically) everything on our to-do list of things to accomplish before the baby was born. A few weeks ago, I thought we would be lucky to have the room painted. We now have Charlie in a 'big-boy' bed, Adelaide in the painted nursery that she will share with the baby, most of our boxes unpacked, and even the Christmas tree put up! And just for good measure, we sent out invitations for Charlie's birthday party and bought the supplies for it today. My mom arrived last Friday, which really puts me at peace with knowing we won't have to rely on our call list of friends to come watch the kids when we go to the hospital (although we may still call on them for assistance!).
 |
| Nov. 2012 - Charlie (23 months) and Ben |
We have been reading books and took a tour at the hospital to help prepare the kids (i.e. Charlie) for the coming baby. I think *Fingers crossed* that Charlie is beginning to understand that at least something big is about to happen. When I walk down the stairs with him he says, "Mummy carry you?" and I say "No bud" to which he replies, "Baby carry you," as in, momma is carrying the baby. Charlie is growing up so much - he can count to 10, can recognize a good portion of his ABC's, and seems to have incredible speech (not surprising, considering who his sister is). He has been doing really good in his new bed, much to my surprise, and is also toilet-trained, much to most other people's surprise :)
 |
| Nov. 2012 - Adelaide (3.5 yrs) practicing her baby-holding, with cousin, Desmond (3 weeks) |
Adelaide has been ready for the baby to come for months :) She loves singing to the baby, giving my belly hugs and kisses, and having a good cry with momma when my emotions get the best of me. Maybe because we are so used to being around Adelaide, sometimes we take for granted the things she says and does. For Ben's birthday we had a few friends over and Adelaide prayed the Lord's Prayer before dinner, which she learned at school, and brought my friend Jenni to tears! She also prayed before our Thanksgiving meal and when we opened our eyes, Robert had his mouth hanging open, in response to the "thankful" prayer. It's really beautiful to hear Adelaide pray from her heart. She doesn't say things that we have tried to plant in her mind, but she truly just prays about what she feels. She has an amazing sense of what others feel, too, and doesn't like for anyone to feel left out.
 |
| Nov. 2011 - Ben at home, photo by Adelaide |
| I am so thankful for Ben and amazed at how God has brought us closer together throughout all of our changes this year. I am so blessed to have him not only as my husband, partner, and best friend, but also to see him as the father to our children is so wonderful. I don't get opportunities to brag on him very much, but I am constantly thanking the Lord for how he has brought us together and given us such a beautiful family. |
 |
| Nov 2012 - family photo by Shara Hsu |
No comments:
Post a Comment