Friday, January 27, 2012

Adelaide's Prayers 3

Life has been... busy. There are a few things I still want to blog about (Adelaide's birthday, our Wisconsin trip) but don't have the time to devote to it yet. I am happy to be back home after being gone for about 10 days and finally feel like I am catching up. We returned home Monday night, then had schooldays on Tuesday/Thursday and a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, but today we are finally at home... to rest, clean, enjoy the sunshine. It is over 60 degrees today! In the middle of winter, the sun is shining and it is beautiful. I have definite plans to take a walk after nap time and am praying the sun will stay out for the next 3 hours.
October 2011. Adelaide's school photo 2011-12. 33 months old.

Although life is busy (as usual), I am working hard to savor the little moments. As Adelaide and I were praying before her nap time, she altered her "Johnny Appleseed prayer" to the following:

"Oh the Lord is good to me. And so I thank the Lord for giving me the things I need: the sleep, the rest, the movies I like to watch. And the monsters, even when they are scary. Oh the Lord is good to me. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment