Friday, April 8, 2011

Tomatoes and Cheese

We are one week into April and I think (fingers crossed) Spring is finally here. Today is a fairly cool, rainy day but I took the kids out for a walk before lunchtime anyways. I usually only like to walk on days when it is sunny and I don't have to worry much about the kids being too cold. I am so glad that we got out today though. There is something so refreshing about the calmness and how you can just appreciate nature. The dampness of the grass, the birds and squirrels running about, and the quiet stream of water flowing by in the creek. We live in such a nice area surrounded by so much forest and I'm truly treasuring this time in our lives.

When we got home Charlie was so sleepy-eyed and I got him down for his nap. He's so pleasant right now at nearly 4 months old (17 weeks). He goes down for each nap with very little fuss and is so happy while he's awake. Even in the middle of the night :) I'm so grateful for him and the way he fits into our family.

Adelaide (27 months) is so curious about everything. One of her favorite books currently is a collection of Curious George and she says often that she is "Curious Adelaide." She doesn't miss a beat and sometimes I have trouble keeping up with her! She will bring up subjects that we haven't talked about or seen in weeks. It's amazing to me how her little mind is just a sponge. When we got home from the walk she sat quietly in the highchair and colored with her markers as I prepared our lunch.

Mmm... we had grilled cheddar and mozzarella sandwiches with homemade Tomato Bisque. I made the soup two nights ago for Ben's lunches as he is eating the "Eat to Live" diet again (vegan). It's quite a lovely soup and is pureed with cashews for protein then finished off with wilted spinach. Grilled sandwiches with soup is by far one of my favorite lunchtime meals, but is best enjoyed in the cool weather like today. It's so peaceful in the house and will be more peaceful yet in about 20 minutes when Adelaide takes her nap :) That will be my quiet time.

I love the God-qualities that I see through nature. How perfectly He has planned the symbiotic relationships between the trees and the streams and the squirrels and the birds.  The way that the earth needs the rain and how gorgeous everything is as it springs forth new life and turns green again. How old things have to die off so new can grow and be more bountiful. It's all beautiful.

Just like tomatoes and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment