Friday, January 21, 2011

Don't Slow Down

It's amazing to me how quickly time goes by. There is so much I have wanted to chronicle lately - about Adelaide, about Charlie. I'll do my best to remember what has happened in the hectic days of the past 6 weeks.

Charlie is now 6 weeks old. He has grown beautifully. By 1 month, he was 10 pounds (7lb1oz at birth) and this past Wednesday he was 11 pounds. Such a good eater but also a good sleeper, Praise the Lord! About two weeks ago everything started getting easier with Charlie. His stomach doesn't upset him anymore at night. I figured out a good wake time for him and he goes to sleep without any fussing, except for in the early evening when sometimes the swing has to help him get some sleep. His wake time length at the beginning of last week was 40 minutes. Then mid-week he started a growth spurt (at 5 weeks old) which continued for about 5 days. He was eating more frequently at night and had little wake time during the day. He would wake up to eat and then would be right back to sleep. The growth spurt ended a few days ago and his wake time seems to be a bit shorter than 40 minutes now - around 30. He was also waking up around 5 or 6 in the morning and wanting to start his day, but he pushed it back on his own to about 7:30, which is much better for me! :) He's so smiley. He started smiling at 3 weeks old! He coos and 'talks' to us. He's outgrowing everything - already in 3-6 month sleepers - so different from our tiny Adelaide.We had him in our room until he was 3 weeks old and then moved him across the hall. We also moved him out of the moses basket about a week ago and he sleeps in the bassinet part of the pack n play. This weekend we are going to move his furniture out of Adelaide's room and move the guest room downstairs. We may put them in the same room in the future but for now this should work better.



Adelaide turned 2 years old this month! She has certainly grown up from the baby that she was even a year ago. She's a 2-year old genius if there ever were one :) Her vocabulary is huge (for lack of a better word) and she speaks full sentences. Not 3 or 4 words, but 8 or 10 are more her style. She also repeats EVERYTHING we say. Even when it seems like she isn't listening. We started toilet training her on New Years' Eve. She may or may not have been ready, but now, about 3 weeks later, she is accident free! We only have her in underwear when at home because I am not ready to handle having to change her while being out and bringing extra clothes. It's hard enough running errands with two kiddos. She hasn't had any accidents since last Sunday and has been doing all of her poos on the toilet for a little over 2 weeks. I couldn't be more proud of her.

We had a fun little party for her at home last weekend with a few friends. Adelaide is such a big help to me also. She puts things up for me and brings me what I need when I'm nursing Charlie. She tries to give him a dummy anytime she gets a chance, even when he is sleeping :) We often find her baby dolls sitting in Charlie's swing or car seat. It's a pretty funny sight. Adelaide also loves to pray. We all pray before naptime and bedtime and she often prays in the car now on her own as well. Sometimes she sings a song while praying (Baa Baa Black Sheep and the Veggie Tales theme song lately). She typically has us in tears laughing at least once a day. It's especially funny to see he run to the toilet with her bare bum.



Ben and I are getting along just lovely, as long as I'm getting sleep :) I'm a bit of a grouch when woken up before I have had an adequate amount of sleep (at least an hour at a time). Thankfully, I was blessed with a husband who has an unending (so far) amount of patience and understands me quite well. We definitely make a good team.




Cloth diapers is the new thing for us. We haven't actually started using them yet but a bought a few to try out this week and we are slowing getting our supplies built up to make a switch soon! I'm quite excited to try them out and they are super cute :) Ben's parents are coming to visit us next week and I am looking forward to having some extra hands here! Sure will be nice while running errands, making meals, etc. Life doesn't seem to slow down one bit, but I'm content with loving my Lord, serving my husband and household, and getting a bit of sleep when the stars can align.

No comments:

Post a Comment