Monday, June 14, 2010

Sleep

How wonderful it would be right now if I could sleep :) It's not often (never, in fact) that I am awake and the rest of my house is sleeping. My night didn't start out this way. No, this is all a series of events that started yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. I had been having a good day and we went to pick up a dresser that I found on Craig's list. I guess we could blame this all on the fact that we needed a new dresser. It was about a 40 minute drive and by the end of it, I wasn't feeling too hot. (Long drives lately have tended to make me sick.) And sure enough, we picked up the dresser, got back in the car, and probably weren't more than 10 minutes down the road when I reached for that glorious plastic sack that would soon have in it my day's worth of food (I'll spare those details).

The rest of our plans for the evening changed quickly, but still before I could get out of the car, I threw up again. Moments later we arrived at Kerry's and I was able to take some medicine to end my sickness spell. This particular medicine though makes me very sleepy, and we soon ended up back at home, and I think I was asleep before Adelaide. After sleeping more than 12 hours, I got up with Ben and Adelaide this morning to get ready for church at 10:45. I knew that the sermon would likely put me back to sleep, not because of it's nature, but because my medicine takes a good 18 hours to wear off. If I sit anywhere for more than a few minutes, I'm a goner. So as soon as we got to church, I grabbed a cup of coffee.

This is the funny part, really. Before I was pregnant, I could have mounds of caffeine, and fall asleep moments later. It didn't affect me at all. But since I've been pregnant, I try my best to avoid caffeine. And for good reason - it's 2:30am and I am on the computer. I would also like to mention that I would have continued tossing and turning in bed had my stomach not been growling so loudly I was afraid I would wake up my husband (a bowl of granola has seemed to help that). Now I shall go to the bathroom - for the third time in 2 hours - and venture back up to my bed, where I pray a restful night will await me.

It sure is fun being pregnant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment